Outdoor School

Ollo! The 6th Graders just got back from Outdoor School. The food there was great! The activities were very cool! Here are some of the activities we experienced at Outdoor School:

Mud Masters, Old Man Murphy, 9 Mile Hike, Rock Hopping, Waterfall Hike… and much, much more! The counselors (known as “Naturalists”) were very nice.  My favorite activity was the Mud Masters where we throw mud ( which was clay at that point ) at our sculptures. (btw: I kept a piece of the clay!) And the important thing was that we learned in a fun way too!  We also learned about plants, animals, rocks, and the Chumash Indians. Also how to conserve and consume food, respect ourselves, and others.

Thank You Mrs. Speigelman for taking us.

Randy Cook

One thought on “Outdoor School

1. Thanks for writing about all of the activities! It made the memories come flooding back when I read it. I am so happy I got to witness the Mud Master battle. It was so cool! I thought more people were going to sign up. If I was your age, I totally would. It’s very polite of you to thank me, but going was my pleasure. I want to thank YOU for being so positive and asking such great questions. The naturalists were talking about how inquisitive you were on the hikes, and they really loved you! Just like all of us!